Post 3: My Dream Job

Dear readers: 

I hope you have been well. I have been very busy this week. This time, I will talk to you about a very interesting topic and this is "my dream job".

Since I was a little girl, I always knew what area I wanted to work in when I grew up; I wanted to contribute to improve people's health, in other words, to save the lives of others, almost like a doctor. Already in high school, I had a great approach to science and a great thirst for knowledge for it, especially in the areas of biology and chemistry. Which, I have to say, I was quite good at by that time. In addition, I had a particular interest in finding cures for severe diseases or bringing breakthroughs to improve the quality of life. And it would also give me the opportunity to work in a laboratory, which I was looking forward to very much.

That's why I ended up choosing biochemistry as my professional career.

And now, in college, the truth is that it is quite a challenging career. You have to study a lot, but it still has beautiful and very interesting things. You definitely have to have a good organization, good fine motor skills, a lot of patience and a great curiosity for what surrounds you.

If we talk about the salary of a biochemist, it is something quite complex, especially if you choose to dedicate yourself to research. In Chile, unfortunately, the sciences are not so well paid. So maybe the best thing to do is to live abroad to search more possibilities. Although I know that in the end, I am not studying this for the pay, but for my contribution to the lives of others in the future.

Well my dears, that's it for today. See you soon


Comments

Popular Posts